[Mediawiki-l] Category permission

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:34:33 UTC 2007

On 18/09/2007, rajkumar subbarayan <yesraaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there anyway to restrict access to category using user groups.

You mean make pages in a certain category not visible to anyone not in
a particular user group? There are various extensions that do similar
things, I don't know of any that do it by category, but there might be
one. Take a look at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Extensions_by_category

> One more i have added the user groups in DB manually,but the user groups are
> not shown in user right management list box

Why did you do it manually? To create a new user group, you need to
edit LocalSettings.php, and then you can add users to it using
Special:Userrights.