[Mediawiki-l] Easy Category Selection

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Wed Sep 12 19:11:20 UTC 2007

Dave,

As I read the docs for that extension, it creates a new page in the
desired category based on what you enter in the form.
But it doesn't let you put an existing page in an existing category,
does it?

Personally, I just paste in the wikitext...

The problem I see with some of the options is that the UI gets ugly
if the number of categories gets really big.  Some kind of browsing
vs. selecting from a flat list would be nice.  Does your integration
with CategoryTree handle that?

I'm thinking that what I'd really like is add to category as a button
on the toolbar that pops up an AJAX autocompleting category browser
and degrades to you just typing/pasting in the category name.

Jim