[Mediawiki-l] Way to redirect all pages to new server?

David_S_Green at Dell.com David_S_Green at Dell.com
Wed Sep 5 13:58:00 UTC 2007

I finally got .htaccess to work. I was matching the path exactly (upper
and lower case), but it seems .htaccess simply wanted all lower case. It
is redirecting perfectly now.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Christensen, Courtney
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 8:31 AM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Way to redirect all pages to new server?

Did you change your server variable in LocalSettings?  I think you are
really asking about how to get www.oldserver.com to point to
www.newserver.com, but you might need to change LocalSettings also.  How
much control do you have over your server?  Cause you need to make
changes in your DNS entries to get the URL to redirect the way you want
it to.

-Courtney