[Mediawiki-l] hiding and sharing articles/namespaces to the public

Michael Daly michaeldaly at kayakwiki.org
Wed May 30 19:44:55 UTC 2007

revansx at cox.net wrote:
> Instead of writing an extension, I also considered setting-up an second
 > wiki whose MySQL database was just daily replication of the
 > private one.

This is a simple solution and easy to implement with mysqldump backup of
the private and mysql to reload on the public one.  This can be done
with a simple command file executed by a timer driven process overnight.

You could do this with a single MySQL installation if you massage the
exported sql file to rename the database from, say,  wikidb (private
one) to wikidb_public before restoring.

> --- Does it pass the experts ho-ho, ha-ha test?

Simple is good!

Mike