[Mediawiki-l] Suggestions for best methods for converting sites or portions thereof to PDF?

John Moorhouse john.moorhouse at 3jays.me.uk
Wed May 30 19:16:19 UTC 2007

To risk being misunderstood but size doesn't seem to matter we have
documents being built up to around 120 A4 pages at the moment, we have
activated 'sub pages' within the main namespace and have developed
system that takes an index page eg. named test, which lists subpages
such as

*[[/part1/]]
*[[/part2/]]
*[[/part3/]]
*[[/part4/]]

that converts this to

*[[test/part1|part1]]
*[[test/part2|part2]]
*[[test/part3|part3]]
*[[test/part4|part4]]

----
[[all:test|See all sections on one page]]

and also gives us this wiki text that then bulds the whole lot onto one page

====[[test/part1|part1]]====
{{:test/part1}}
====[[test/part2|part2]]====
{{:test/part2}}
====[[test/part3|part3]]====
{{:test/part3}}
====[[test/part3|part3]]====
{{:test/part3}}

----
*[[test|return to :- Test]]

We then go on building up till we have all the section / sub sections of
the document on one page, we have some documents when the subpage
nesting is down to 5 levels, this is the maximum that you can use and
still get a usable TOC created.

Ta

John