[Mediawiki-l] Including unmatched HTML tags in templates? How to?

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Tue May 29 21:43:12 UTC 2007

I've thought of using tables, but they're not well suited for what we
want to do. Entries in each column might themselves be quite complex,
such as a paragraph containing sublists. Also, entries might have very
different heights, which would leave vertical gaps in columns; we don't
need or want vertical alignment between column elements, so this is
highly undesirable.

I've tried <nowiki></nowiki> markup around the template contents, but
that isn't working.

Are there any special character codes/patterns I can use to force '<'
and '>' to appear in the generated HTML _without_ being escaped
(converted to &lt; etc.)?

Thanks for the suggestion,
Ken