[Mediawiki-l] Pass PHP variables into Parser

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:04:39 UTC 2007

Hi Ben,

> I am wondering if it is possible to pass PHP variables into
> the mediawiki extension Parser.

I'm not quite sure what this means, but I can tell you that since a
MediaWiki parser extension is a piece of PHP code, it can take input from
any number of sources.

> I would like to somehow use a couple variables from a
> MySQL table

Well, assuming that by "variables" you mean "data", yes - a parser extension
_can_ use data from the MySQL database.

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)