[Mediawiki-l] Markdown

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Sun May 27 17:42:41 UTC 2007

Hi Simon,

I'm the author of the aforementioned Usenet syntax extension.  I have not
tested it on anything higher than 1.9.x - but I doubt that's the problem.

I created what I call a "Meta Extension" - an extension which is made to be
hooked into and built upon by other extensions called ExtendedSyntaxParser:

http://jimbojw.com/wiki/index.php?title=ExtendedSyntaxParser

The UsenetSyntax extension requires this to be installed first.

Without going into too much detail, the current implementation of
ExtendedSyntaxParser, while operating fine by itself, is not amicable to
running along side certain other kinds of extensions.  It's something that
I've wanted to revisit, but haven't had time to do so just yet.

Good luck!

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)