[Mediawiki-l] Infoboxes

Azurite azurite at seventh-star.net
Sat May 26 15:43:57 UTC 2007

Gary Kirk wrote:
> I would recommend you install Tim Starling's ParserFunctions -
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions - as lots of
> Wikipedia's templates and infoboxes use these.
>
> Copying from Wikipedia is probably the best way to learn about
> infoboxes. Beware however that just copying them will likely result in
> them looking like an odd bunch of <td> tags; you'll need to find the
> relevant CSS in (I think) MediaWiki:Common.css

The link I got from Gary Kirk wasn't the right one, but after some
digging, I found the extension he mentioned. However, it seems to
require PHP5, which I don't have- that's why I'm still running MediaWiki
1.6.10, because it was the last version to support PHP4. My server has
no plans to upgrade, last time I checked. Is there an older version of
the ParserFunctions extension which is compatible with PHP4?
Thanks,
-Azurite