[Mediawiki-l] Infoboxes

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Sat May 26 10:16:38 UTC 2007

I would recommend you install Tim Starling's ParserFunctions -
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions - as lots of
Wikipedia's templates and infoboxes use these.

Copying from Wikipedia is probably the best way to learn about
infoboxes. Beware however that just copying them will likely result in
them looking like an odd bunch of <td> tags; you'll need to find the
relevant CSS in (I think) MediaWiki:Common.css

On 26/05/07, Azurite <azurite at seventh-star.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a system of Infoboxes for use on a few pages (with
> a running theme) on my Wiki, but all my searches on how to actually go
> about creating an Infobox are turning up nil. A Google search only
> revealed other Wiki's infoboxes and their Talk pages on them. I couldn't
> find a wiki page in the MediaWiki meta on how to do it, so I'm turning
> here for help. I don't think just copy-pasting the source of the
> infoboxes I need from Wikipedia is a good idea, as Wikipedia uses a
> different version of the software than me (I can only use up to 1.6.10),
> and there is so much syntax and other templates there in use that I'm
> not aware of. Does anyone have any pointers?
> Thanks in advance,
> -Azurite

Gary Kirk