[Mediawiki-l] Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:51:20 UTC 2007

  from   Monahon, Peter B. <Peter.Monahon at uspto.gov>   hide details  18-May
(6 days ago)   reply-to   Wikimedia developers <
wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org>    to   wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org    date
18-May-2007 13:55    subject Re: [Wikitech-l] Any leads on a basic wiki
setup-and-configure instruction manual?    mailed-by lists.wikimedia.org
See? You did, originally, send it to [Wikitech-l], thus that is how it was
headered for me and anyone else who subscribes to both lists and uses Gmail.

Many people on wikitech-l are also MediaWiki-l, but MediaWiki-l is the place
to ask such questions which are to do with MediaWiki but not the Wikiemdia
Foundation's setup.

On 24/05/07, Monahon, Peter B. <Peter.Monahon at uspto.gov> wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:46:32 +0100
>
> > From: "Gary Kirk" <gary.kirk at gmail.com>
>
> > Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Any leads on a
>
> >      basic wiki setup-and-configure
>
> >      instruction manual?
>

> > Why does this message have [Wikitech-l]?
>
> > It definitely shouldn't be posted to
>
> > wikitech-l, but to mediawiki-l, as many
>
> > people (myself included) have told you
>
> > previously.
>

> A - who cares?
>

> B - this IS mediawiki-l
>

> C - why can't the people at wikitech-l get involved with ANY service
> support opportunity they become aware of, if THEY want to ... or ignore
> it on their own if THEY want to, without someone protecting/censoring
> their apparently unusually sensitive sensibilities?!?   Perhaps one of
> them developer-style-people will get in'erested in the dang problem and
> find a way to automate the challenge and solve the manifold installation
> coordination once and for all ... if they only get a chance to find out
> that there IS a need!  It could happen.
>

> D - you and others trying to police these lists have mixed them up
> yourselves while trying to hammer people for mixing them up themselves
> (which I did not)
>

> E - who cares?
>

> - Peter Blaise

Gary Kirk