[Mediawiki-l] Texvc problem

Jens Vieler jens.vieler at FernUni-Hagen.de
Thu May 24 09:12:34 UTC 2007

hi suman,

Suman Chakrabarty schrieb:
> I am coming back with this problem again ! texvc works fine in command
> line for me. e.g. when I am at 'images' folder in my wiki-home, and
> issue the command '../math/texvc ./tmp/ ./math/ "y=x+2" iso-8859-1', the
> correct png file is getting generated in the ./math/ folder. But, in the
> wiki, any content inside the math tags, show:
>
> *Failed to parse (Can't write to or create math temp directory): n=0*
>
> Both math and tmp folders have world write permissions.

two hints:

1.) do you use $wgUploadDirectory in your LocalSettings and set it to
another dir than the expected ~/wiki/images ?

2.) do you use the apache-user in command line? different users,
different permissions! perhaps your command-line-user has write-perms
while apache-user not. try 'chmod -R 777 images images/math images/tmp'.
if this works, reduce permissions or ownerships to what you raelly need.

after all a had a also a problem with the standard-pathes to latex's
dvipng (i dont use imagemagic), but that's another story ...

jens