[Mediawiki-l] Validation from the inventor of the wiki

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:41:48 UTC 2007

On 19/05/07, Ashar Voultoiz <hashar at altern.org> wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:

> > Ward Cunningham's new wiki company uses ... guess which wiki software?
> > http://www.aboutus.org/AboutUs:About

> Ward works for Eclipse which is already using MediaWiki, he was at one
> of the Wikimania too IIRC. Now, I guess we are the most popular wiki
> engine >)

Our office wiki, used by the seven people on our team, runs MoinMoin
because it's a lot more lightweight than Mediawiki. I set up an
experimental MW 1.10 install and they promptly swooped on it, because
it's a fat b*gger but it's SO much easier to use ... I predict I'll be
asked to look into how to migrate the entire content.

(Moin exports to DocBook, which is XML, or nearly, so it *should* be a
Simple Matter Of XSLT ...)

- d.