[Mediawiki-l] change interface language

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Thu May 17 19:25:08 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2007 20:55 schrieb Rob Church:
> On 17/05/07, Klaus Becker <colonius at free.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the faq says:
> >
> > - Change the value of $wgLanguageCode
> > - Run rebuildMessages.php.
>
> The FAQ is out of date; we no longer populate the MediaWiki namespace.
> Just changing $wgLanguageCode ought to do it.
>

> Rob Church

Hi Rob,

that's why I put this question: I first installed MW 1.9.3 in german, but the
final version has to be french. So for image location, I wrote "Bild" and I
want "Image" instead now. I hoped a script would do this for me, but after
changing $wgLanguageCode in french, there is always "Bild" and images are not
found of course. Must I really change every "Bild" in "Image" manually ?

Klaus