[Mediawiki-l] Several instances on one host

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Tue May 15 11:22:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007, F.D. wrote:

> There's some info on wiki farms on MediaWiki.org:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Wiki_family
> Maybe that helps...

The hint sounds good and I tried

<?php

$callingurl = strtolower($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);        // identify the asking url

if ( strpos( $callingurl, 'wikiFG31') ) {
         require_once( 'LocalSettings_wikiFG31.php' );
}
if ( strpos( $callingurl, 'wikiWR') ) {
         require_once( 'LocalSettings_WR.php' );
}
?>

as new LocalSettings.php for my two instances (named FG31 and WR).
I also added

Alias /wikiFG31 /var/lib/mediawiki1.9
Alias /wikiWR   /var/lib/mediawiki1.9

to my apache2 config (I'm using the Debian packaged version of
MediaWiki 1.9.3).

If I call either

    http://localhost/wikiWR/    or
    http://localhost/wikiFG31/

I get

    Error, Setup.php must be included from the file scope, after DefaultSettings.php

as response but I have no idea what I might have missed.
Any idea?

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--