[Mediawiki-l] Fixing database after lost images

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Mon May 14 11:48:04 UTC 2007

John Pye wrote:
> I tried to run management/rebuildImages using php5 CLI but it fails with
> a message about failing to connect to the database with user = root and
> no password. I couldn't see where to set the password (I tried modifying
> php.ini but that wasn't it). So I can't see how to run this script, either.

Set user and pwd in the AdminSettings.php file, or if never used before
it's probably named "AdminSettings.sample" (same root folder as
LocalSettings.php). This file should contain the following text:

/*
 * This data is used by all database maintenance scripts
 * (see directory maintenance/). The SQL user MUST BE
 * MANUALLY CREATED or set to an existing user with
 * necessary permissions.
 *
 * This is not to be confused with sysop accounts for the
 * wiki.
 */

$wgDBadminuser      = '<fill in>';
$wgDBadminpassword  = '<fill in>';