[Mediawiki-l] Enable Uploads

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Fri May 11 16:22:23 UTC 2007

On 11/05/07, Barb Smith <mystified at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> I've been searching and asked around but I'm not making any progress.  We
> have a mediawiki intergrated with IPB.  We want to enable file uploads,
> specifically images.  The instructions we found were to enable uploads in
> LocalSettings.php and to create a directory for uploads and chmod 777 it.
> We've done that but when we try to upload an image it tells us that it's
> disabled.  We'd really like to resolve this issue.  If anybody can offer
> any help it would be greatly appreciated.

If MediaWiki is insisting that uploads are not enabled, it means that
the effective value of $wgEnableUploads is being reset to false at
some point prior to the end of LocalSettings.php execution, or perhaps
extension initialisation, etc.

Add the line $wgEnableUploads = true; to LocalSettings.php at the end
of the file. If the line "?>" is present, remove it.

Rob Church