[Mediawiki-l] [OT] Create user accessing MySQL DB

Alex Powell alexp at exscien.com
Fri May 11 13:28:30 UTC 2007

If you typed that exactly, your password should be "passwd", not wikiDB1...

Alex

On 5/11/07, Andreas Tille <tillea at rki.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to access more than one MySQL databases to follow
>   http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Wiki_family
>
> One DB is called wikiDB1 and the according user is called
> wikiDB1user.
>
> According to
>   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/adding-users.html
> I tried
>
> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP ON wikiDB1.* TO
> 'wikiDB1user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd';
> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
>
> but even
>
>   $ mysql -u wikiDB1user -p wikiDB1
>
> fails on command line so it is clear that I get
>
> (Can't contact the database server: Access denied for user
> 'wikiFG31user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (localhost))
>
> on the Wiki page.
>
> Sorry for asking MySQL specific questions here, but this seems the
> quickest way for me as a bloody MySQL beginner to ask for help.
>
> Thanks
>
>        Andreas.
>
> --
> http://fam-tille.de

Alex Powell

Exscien Training Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1865 920024
Direct: +44 (0) 1865 920032
Mob: +44 (0) 7717 765210

skype: alexp700
mailto:alexp at exscien.com
http://www.exscien.com

Registered in England and Wales 05927635, Unit 10 Wheatley Business Park,
Old London Road, Wheatley, OX33 1XW, England