[Mediawiki-l] Installation Script?

G. Carter gcarter2000 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 22:00:41 UTC 2007

Thanks but I've completed all suggested steps and the install fails.  What I
immediately notice is that it incorrectly reports that the following PHP
options are enabled:

- register_global
- magic_quotes_runtime
- magic_quotes_sybase
- mbstring.func_overload
- 'Safe' mode

Also LocalSettings.php does not get created and the language drop down box
shows only '$name'.  When I installed MySQL I let all accounts default
(did'nt set any up).  Could that cause problems?

Thanks