[Mediawiki-l] Wildcard search - Lucene

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Wed May 9 18:35:19 UTC 2007

There is an article in wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucene)
which talks about Lucene search and software using it including
MediaWiki.  But a search on MediaWiki does not return any results that I
can find.  Even when I do spell it correctly <G>

I see there is a 'java' bit that someone did but it *seemed* from an
earlier message that Wikipedia uses it and I would have thought that
this meant there was some MediaWiki connection.  Is there a document
about using Lucene with MediaWiki?  Is there an extension? Or am I just
barking up the wrong tree (as they say)

Thanks

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation