[Mediawiki-l] Creating A Knowledge Base

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:29:13 UTC 2007

Could you expand a bit on this, please? MediaWiki is a wiki engine and
is rather different to a web application designed as a knowledge base.
Maybe categories (http://mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Category) will help
in building a knowledge base - pages could be categorised by
department, type of issue..etc.
If MediaWiki isn't for you, it isn't for you. Try dotProjekt or something maybe?

On 08/05/07, G. Carter <gcarter2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been tasked with creating a knowledge base and I will be using
> MediaWiki to implement it.  I've used the Citrix Knowledge Center in the
> past and feel that format will work well for us.  Where in the MediaWiki
> documentation does it describe how to setup such itme as search terms,
> problem aeas, date ranges, results, etc.
>
> Thanks

Gary Kirk