[Mediawiki-l] Cloning MediaWiki-Instances - What about wgProxyKey

Jens Vieler jens.vieler at FernUni-Hagen.de
Tue May 8 11:02:37 UTC 2007

hi,

we want set up different wikis (subwikis) while using the same
sourcecode-tree. therefor i followed

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Wiki_family
Scenario 2: Quick set-up

which installs different databases an handles different
LocalSettings.php. everything works fine!

now i want to take an eaysier way to use my standard-configuration by
copying a LocalSettings.php (use a lot of LDAP-stuff, so a always have
to edit the config-files from the installation-procedure by hand :-(

a diff between my old LocalSettings.php and the
installation-LocalSettings.php shows nothing complicated but
$wgProxyKey. what is it for, and could i use only one of them?

kind regards
  jens