[Mediawiki-l] Sudden problem with some greek andcyrillic letters

Sylvain Machefert iubito at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:32:31 UTC 2007

I try the other idea I had.
- I create a page_title_blob field in wiki_page table, which is a binary
blob.
- sometimes, a query update wiki_page set page_title_blob=page_title
In case of problem
- a query update wiki_page set page_title=page_title_blob

If the binary blob is well dumped/imported, then a simple query could repair
page_title field.

In a first time I planned to do it with complex php script, but Database
class is a bit obscure for me, so I tried with queries in PhpMyAdmin, and it
seems to work.

2007/5/7, Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org>:

Sylvain Machefert
http://iubito.free.fr