[Mediawiki-l] External mailserver setting

Frederik Dohr FDG001 at gmx.net
Mon May 7 10:45:45 UTC 2007

> you could possibly try to install sendmail on your windows server
> (no idea how to do this... maybe using cygwin or some unofficial port ?)

Come to think of it: I know XAMPP comes with "fake sendmail for windows" (http://www.glob.com.au/sendmail/).
So I entered that in PHP.INI as follows:

    SMTP = localhost
    smtp_port = 25
    sendmail_from = wikiAdmin at localhost.com
    sendmail_path = "D:\XAMPP\sendmail\sendmail.exe -t"

The default SENDMAIL.INI looks like this:
    [sendmail]
    ; you must change mail.mydomain.com to your smtp server
    smtp_server=localhost

Both $wgEnableEmail and $wgEnableUserEmail are set to true in LocalSettings.

It doesn't seem to work though; I've sent a user-to-user mail via [[Special:Emailuser]] a couple of minutes ago, but it still hasn't arrived...

-- F.

PS: I hope I'm not hijacking the Alister's thread here!?