[Mediawiki-l] Hook for special grouplist?

Jens Vieler jens.vieler at FernUni-Hagen.de
Fri May 4 08:45:02 UTC 2007

hi,

Lane, Ryan schrieb:
> You can't just make a special LDAP group, or are you saying your group
> is in some external (non-LDAP) application/database? If it is the
> latter, you could add a hook to the authenticate method in the ldap
> plugin, and add your code in that hook. I'd accept that into the plugin
> (the hook that is).

thanks a lot.

no, we can't change the LDAP-attributes. first we want to ask the
LDAP-server weather the user exists and the given password is the
correct one - this works fine for all our known LDAP-users. in a second
step (hook) i want to ask a external
application/database/flatfile-user-list if the user is a member of a
group which should work with that wiki. for example: "is this student
(user) a member of that course (group)", while the course-membership
isn't part of the LDAP-entry.

my question: is there a standard entrypoint where to add a hook? or
should i add my code-snippet in function authenticate() just after the
global definitions and return a false if membership-control failes?!?

thanks a lot
  jens