[Mediawiki-l] Using filters in searches

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Thu May 3 14:41:32 UTC 2007

It would *seem* that a 'filtered' search against fulltext would be as
simple as

select si_page,si_title from searchindex where match (si_text) against
('categ*' in boolean mode) order by si_title

Where we are returning all pageIds and pageTitles from the searchIndex
using the search work 'cate*' (all words starting with 'cate').

So if I simply create a special page which passes to the db this form,
shouldn't this then return all the items?

Am I on the right track?

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy with Wiki Envy