[Mediawiki-l] Embedded Content

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Tue May 1 01:57:59 UTC 2007

If you're using MW 1.8.x or above (maybe even 1.7.x - not sure), this should
"Just Work".

If you're using MW 1.6.x or below, this feature hadn't been implemented
yet.  You have a few options:

1) Move [[Juice]] to [[Template:Juice]] - templates will purge pages which
transclude them at render time.

2) Get a page purging extension like this one and add <purge /> to the
transcluding pages:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ajqnic:purgePage

3) Upgrade (assuming you've got PHP5 at your disposal).

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)