[Mediawiki-l] AddPageService extension published

Fernando Correia fernandoacorreia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:02:33 UTC 2007

I really did not try it. The documentation says it is incomplete and that it
needs a major rework.

I had enough problems trying other ways (maintenance import script and
article->doEdit) that did not update the categories according to the
templates, that I decided the way to go was to simulate a post to the web
form to be assured that there would be no difference in behavior.

In addition, I needed web service, and although people talk about the API as
if it were a web service, it is not one in the sense the term is usually
applied, as far as I could understand.