[Mediawiki-l] Annotating a protected document on a per-user, per-section basis

Ittay Dror ittayd at qlusters.com
Sat Jan 27 20:05:31 UTC 2007

i can't give you a working extension, but the way i'd do it is:
- users have no edit rights on pages
- use the talkright extension to give them edit rights on the talk pages
- use the PageProtection extension on sections in the talk pages they create
- wrap this in a function that creates a section when a user comments and protects it. this can be an ajax function that is called from a form you embedd into the pages

i posted a while ago code that does a similar thing, but doesn't allow editing of comments. see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/mediawiki/78333

hope it helps,
ittay

--