[Mediawiki-l] How is text stored in the mediawiki?

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Wed Jan 24 22:05:45 UTC 2007

Charles Martin wrote:
> How is the page text stored in the database?  Can someone point
> me to documentation explaining how the internal representation
> works?

Have a look at the page below (it doesn't say more than is said on the
Mediawiki's own pages, I did this only as a "demo" - see earlier post -
for illustrating the documentation with UML-like notation):
http://meta.rilnet.org/wiki/Mediawiki/Database/Tables/Page

Coincidentally only the three relevant pages ("page", "revision" and
"text" - tables) are accessible on this wiki.  :-)

For the "real thing", browse Mediawiki pages instead:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Page_table

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa