[Mediawiki-l] how to remove navigation menu, etc?

Tels nospam-abuse at bloodgate.com
Wed Jan 24 20:51:03 UTC 2007

Moin,

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:54, aretai aretai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to remove navigation menu, logo, toolbox, etc. from
> particular pages within wiki? In other words I don't want to remove it
> globally but only for some pages.

My extension, mediawiki-slides, can do this for pages part of
an "presentation".

Basically, it injects a bit of CSS magic that hides the elements you want.

It would be easy to write an extension that can be included on a page, but
probably even easier would be to write templates and include them on the
specific page:

	{hide-menu}}
	{hide-toolbox}}
	{hide-footer}}

etc. You only need to enable the <style> tag - I do not know if it is still
disallowed on standard mediawiki installations, I guess so, and if you can
now enable it simple by editing the config file - otherwise you have to muk
around with Sanitize.php.

Once <style> works, simple put them into templates and include them.

if you want to see how I did it:

	http://search.cpan.org/~tels/mediawiki-slides/

And:

	http://bloodgate.com/wiki/Wiki-Presentations

best wishes,

Tels

- --
 Signed on Wed Jan 24 21:46:54 2007 with key 0x93B84C15.
 Get one of my photo posters: http://bloodgate.com/posters

 "One man in a thousand is a leader of men, the other 999 follow women"
 -- Groucho Marx