[Mediawiki-l] Wiki sitting behind a corporate firewall issues

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:07:03 UTC 2007

On 18/01/07, David_S_Green at dell.com <David_S_Green at dell.com> wrote:
> My question was whether there was a way that MediaWiki (or the
> extenstion, etc) to use the proxy server? So is there a way to have the
> RSS feed go "hey this is an external request, go through the proxy".

Yes, at least assuming

* You've got the curl extension installed (it's available and simple
to install for Windows, Unix and Linux, so no real excuse)
* You're running a fairly recent version of MediaWiki
* The RSS feed uses the MediaWiki-provided methods for getting the
data, which it quite possibly doesn't

If all the above are satisfied, then setting $wgHttpProxy in
LocalSettings.php should be adequate.

Note: We don't support proxy authentication at present. This seems
like a sensible enough thing to add, and isn't exactly difficult.

Rob Church