[Mediawiki-l] SmoothGallery with templates problem

Lane, Ryan Ryan.Lane at ocean.navo.navy.mil
Thu Jan 18 15:18:41 UTC 2007

> It's up to the extension author as to what happens to the
> text between <parser hook></tags>; some will replace
> variables, some will parse bits of it, and some (quite a few,
> I should image) will leave it alone and pick bits out as desired.
>
> This particular extension is one of the latter, according to the code.
>

> Rob Church

I didn't even think about templates when I was writing the extension,
but now that someone has mentioned it, I'm feeling kind of a "duh"
moment. Is there any good documentation around on how to do this type of
thing, or any recommended parser extensions to look at? (I've already
looked at [[meta:MediaWiki extensions FAQ]] and
[[meta:Extending_wiki_markup]])

This is my first parser extension; do you have any recommendations for
anything else to watch out for?

Thanks,

Ryan Lane

PS: for the OP, I plan on trying to fix this...