[Mediawiki-l] New hook function name is wrong

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Wed Jan 17 19:50:39 UTC 2007

Juliano F. Ravasi wrote:
> Rob Church wrote:
>
>> The problem now is that
>> changing it could possibly cause breakage for existing uses of it,
>>

> Half of my extensions break on every new minor MediaWiki version.
> <...>

One option is of course to ADD a new on correctly named, and let the old
misspelled one call the new one, and introduce a "deprecated list" with
a "best before date" for each entry in that list. Then removing them in
due time won't surprise anyone (if all this doesn't already exist).

This would fix at least two problems, namely allowing for fixing stuff
immediately, and being "merciful" to people who needs more time... :)

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa