[Mediawiki-l] In Other Languages

Frederich, Eric P21322 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Fri Jan 12 19:56:28 UTC 2007

Okay, I found it.  I guess you were talking about a database table.
Silly me.
I think I understand what iw_local is for, not too sure about iw_trans.

Lets say my wiki is at....

http://www.example.com/wiki/index.php/

I'm not sure that I can set up a
http://de.www.example.com/wiki/index.php/

...because wouldn't that have to be a separate wiki installation?

Can I just put in the interwiki table

values (de,http://www.example.com/wiki/index.php/de:$1,1,0) ?

Would that work okay?
Has this been done successfully?
Should I set up a namespace for German or leave it all in one namespace?
I thought if I set up a new namespace then I couldn't search all by
default and I'd have to search one, then the other.
It would be nice if I could just do the /index.php/de:$1 thing and it'd
work, but I don't want to mess things up.

Thanks,
~Eric