[Mediawiki-l] External authentication and RSS.

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 11 15:46:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Lane, Ryan wrote:

>>       Hi,
>>
>>       New list member here.  Been using MediaWiki for a while
>> now.  If this isn't the list to ask this would someone please
>> direct me to the proper list?  Thank you.
>
> Welcome. This is probably the correct list for this type of question.
>
> Take a look at: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/PwAuthPlugin
>
> The tool it uses supports PAM authentication. I don't know if the plugin
> will work exactly how you need without modification, but it is the
> closest thing I can find for that. It uses a tool from here:
> http://www.unixpapa.com/pwauth/

      Will do.

> MediaWiki has a decent amount of RSS support built in, but if you need
> more, there are a few RSS extensions here:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:MediaWiki_extensions
>
> Also check here (extension pages are moving from meta to mediawiki.org):
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Extensions

      Hm, I'll look.  But, um, is the built in stuff well documented
anywhere?  I haven't found a how-to yet but I have terrible luck
finding a lot of stuff on the Web.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |The future ain't what it used to be.
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |  Yogi Berra.