[Mediawiki-l] Need Idea to replace "_" in Username/Scriptoranything else?

Lane, Ryan Ryan.Lane at ocean.navo.navy.mil
Wed Jan 10 16:06:11 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> im not sure that we understand us....and sorry for my poor english..
> The problem is NOT that Wiki create wrong usernames.
> We have an authenticationserver where usernames are safed,
> this usernames are independent from Wiki.
> Wiki is an Addon, Wiki dont create any account on the
> Loginserver 10.131.XX.XX - it ask there that the account
> Ryan_Lane exist - if not, then they becam no authentication
> and cant write any articel.
>
> BUT
>
> If Ryan Lane goes to the authentication-site and type
> ryan_lane and press "authenticate" we can see that on the
> Loginserver (10.131.XX.XX) the authentication failed because
> "ryan lane" dont exist....
> Whe need the underscore in the sending
> username but there is no one....the underscore is missed.
> Wikiserver: 10.135.XXX.XXX
> Authenticationserver: 10.131.XX.XX
>
> I will give you answer a better english spoken colleague to
> verify that i understand the right thing.
>
> Regards and sorry for trouble

Looking through the code, it looks like the username is changed before
it ever gets sent to the authentication plugin, so what I offered won't
help after all. You can use $_REQUEST['wpName'] in the authenticate
method. It is raw input from the user, so definitely sanitize it if you
need to.

V/r,

Ryan Lane