[Mediawiki-l] ConfirmEdit extension

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:28:22 UTC 2007

On 10/01/07, Chris Smeder <smeder.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have ConfirmEdit up and running using
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ConfirmEdit_extension tutorial, well I
> thought?  When I try to add a page with a link and I am not logged in,
> the captcha looks good but filling in the correct word doesn't allow
> me to post? Is there any way I can debug this problem? Only thing I
> can think is some how my $wgCaptchaSecret = '****'; doesnt match my
> --key=**** but it should?

Confirmed this is a problem with your wiki, although I'm not quite
sure what. It might be worth enabling the debug logging for the
captcha - offhand, I know there is some, although I can't remember
exactly what to enable or how useful it will be.

An inconsistent generation key and $wgCaptchaSecret value *could*
cause this problem.

Rob Church