[Mediawiki-l] Error Updating to 1.8.2

David_S_Green at Dell.com David_S_Green at Dell.com
Mon Jan 8 21:37:16 UTC 2007

Rob,

Thank you so much, that did the trick!

Again, many thanks!
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Rob Church
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 3:30 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Error Updating to 1.8.2

On 08/01/07, David_S_Green at dell.com <David_S_Green at dell.com> wrote:
> OK, sorry for this noob MYSQL question now...but I have very little
> experience with it. I'm learning on the fly here.
>
> I am at the MYSQL prompt. What is the easiest way for me to ensure the
> MySQL permissions are set correctly from this point?

(I'll provide instructions for creating a new MySQL user for
maintenance purposes...)

GRANT ALL ON wikidb.* TO "wikiadmin"@"localhost" IDENTIFIED BY
"password";

Replace "wikidb" with the database name, "wikiadmin" with the username
to be used for the maintenance user, and "password" with a suitable
password.

If the web server is not the same machine as the database server, then
replace "localhost" with the host name of the application server.

You can then insert these credentials into AdminSettings.php.

Rob Church