[Mediawiki-l] UserScore extension

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 12:18:44 UTC 2007

On 08/01/07, Chris Smeder <smeder.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to list the top 5 most active users, it looks
> like the extension http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SpecialUserScore
> should do this, so I added it but it isnt working as a template. When
> I visit the Special:UserScore page it works if I am logged in as ops
> but when I put {{Special:UserScore}} it doesn't display a list of the
> most active users? Instead a link to Special:UserScore is displayed.

That "extension" doesn't seem to follow the established guidelines for
writing them - it requires modification of core code, and it looks
like the installation process is a bit messed up.

It shouldn't be too difficult to create an includable special page or
parser hook which does the job, however. If you fancy a bash at it,
take a look on http://meta.wikimedia.org and http://www.mediawiki.org
for documentation, such as it is, on extension writing.

Rob Church