[Mediawiki-l] probably the wrong listserve

Chris Smeder smeder.c at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 06:54:30 UTC 2007

Yeah, finding info for beginners is hard. Don't be discouraged and ask
your newbie questions here as needed. Plenty of people here would jump
at the chance to answer questions especially easy questions.
As far as sources for help, I always start with:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Installation
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents
or search http://meta.wikimedia.org
or search google with the word mediawiki and your topic (don't use
wiki, as that will just return a million results)
Ask questions here
And heck if there is no where for newbies to get help, maybe you
should make wiki site for newbies to wikimedia?