[Mediawiki-l] Switch on Debug-Mode in MediaWiki ?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 20:27:15 UTC 2007

On 07/01/07, Jan <2036 at gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm still looking for a solution, to make MW running on MySQL 5 and php5.2. The
> issue with every MediaWiki-version (only 1.7.1 works!) is still present: blank,
> white, empty page.

Enable the PHP error log:

1. Find PHP.ini
2. Amend the line "error_reporting" so it reads "error_reporting = E_ALL"
3. Amend the line "log_errors" so it reads "log_errors = on"
4. Set the value of "error_log" to a valid path under your platform
that can be written to
5. Restart the HTTP server

Access a few wiki pages and then hunt down the error log file you
specified above.

I'll also note here the solution to one common problem, which rears
its head with 1.8.x when Zend Accelerator is in use - if that is,
indeed, the case, set $wgDisableCounters = true; in LocalSettings.php,
and see if that helps.

If that's not the problem, then with a little luck, the error log
output will be helpful in tracking down the real cause.

Rob Church