[Mediawiki-l] Recent PHP upgrade killed Mediawiki?

Stefan Wahl sx03 at freenet.de
Wed Jan 3 16:52:09 UTC 2007

Hi Tim!

It seems that eAccelerator under FreeBSD has the same Bugs as the
Windows version. Version 0.9.5 crashes if protected functions are used.
See ticket #231 on the eAccelerator bugtracker. Sorry for not pointing
to this earlier, but I never heard that this occurred on a system
running a non-windows OS.

> I tried to recompile eAccelerator after all of the other updates
> were complete and that mad no difference.

The latest snapshot shall have a fix for it, but I haven't tried yet.

> It appears that there is some
> issue with mediawiki, php v5.2.0, and eAccelerator v.0.9.5.  Seeing that
> none of my other php applications are having an issue I am guessing that
> there is a bug somewhere in mediawiki's script that checks to see if you
> are logged in or not.

JpGraph kills eAccelerator too. Theres no bug in MediaWiki but in
eAccelerator.

> After out many different ideas my workaround
> ended up being to add the following in my .htaccess file in my mediawiki
> directory;
>
> php_value eaccelerator.filter "*.php
> !/data/webapps/mediawiki-1.8.2/includes/*.php"

Disabling it completely works too: ;-)

php_value eaccelerator.enable "0"

Maybe it helps even it's a little late.

Stefan