[Mediawiki-l] Embed Categories on the home page?

brucemount at aol.com brucemount at aol.com
Tue Jan 2 21:53:48 UTC 2007

 I would like the home page of my wiki to include the list of categories as well as other information. The special page Special:Categories generates a list of all the categories on the Wiki, however this is not a page that can be edited. If there a way to have the list of categories embeded into part of a normal page? For example, can I have as my home page:

 MY TEXT HERE...BLA....BLA...BLA...
 BLA....BLA...BLA...
 (contents of Special:Categories here)
 MORE OF MY TEXT HERE...BLA....BLA...BLA...
 BLA....BLA...BLA...

 Barring that, how do I edit the appearance of the Special:Categories page?

  Thanks,

 --Bruce