[Mediawiki-l] Template to list 10 most recent created pages

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:07:07 UTC 2007

On 02/01/07, Vernon Thommeret <synotic at gmail.com> wrote:
> There seems to be nothing that would cause it to do anything but
> append the text to the main text. Could the text be somehow filtered
> before it gets sent? Again, I realize that this is a minor point, but
> I like to keep clean, functional markup, and a lot of extraneous
> "<p></p>"s and confusing markup display defeats that.

Yes. When an includable special page is included, it outputs in the
same manner, but what it *doesn't* know is that $wgOut is a different
instance of the OutputPage object, swapped in for that one use. Once
the execution function returns, the content from that OutputPage is
grabbed and poked into the parsed output.

This is probably not ideal, to be honest; we'd really like to keep the
parser as atomic as possible. I would suggest, in the long term, we
move to all includable special pages having a specific include() or
similar member which returns raw HTML.

Rob Church