[Mediawiki-l] Recent PHP upgrade killed Mediawiki?

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 15:04:58 UTC 2007

There aren't any extensions (that I know of) in the base distro that
are enabled by default.  You mentioned installing from ports - is
MediaWiki being installed from the ports tree as well?  Also, are you
using any kind of PHP accelerator (like APC or eAccelerator) and if so
does the problem still happen?

I run MediaWiki on FreeBSD as well, and I haven't had any problems
with it yet.  However, my install is still using PHP 5.1.6 so if there
is an issue with 5.2 I may just not have experienced it yet.

The only other thing I can think of is some wacky dependency from the
portupgrades that left some component in an unstable state.  How did
you perform the portupgrade?  Did you use any of the automated tools
or did you do them all by hand?  I have seen the odd issue on fbsd
with port upgrades going awry when done in the wrong order.

Matt