[Mediawiki-l] Collapsible article sections extension?

Azurite azurite at seventh-star.net
Fri Aug 31 15:27:31 UTC 2007

> Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Collapse, which
> is a bit of a workaround - the block is assigned a class which I
> assume some site JavaScript checks for, and modifies accordingly.

That seemed like it might do the trick, but I'm not 100% sure. I copied
the template and the doc, yet for some reason when I go to the template
itself, it thinks I'm not following template documentation. It has the
usual error for improper doc transclusion, but the word "collapse" is
sprinkled throughout, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what:

http://www.seventh-star.net/wikific/index.php?title=Template:Collapse

By the way, here's what I was aiming for:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page (See the Card Article Creators...
when you hover over the "show" links, it says:
Javascript:toggleNavigationBar(1)... and so on. This isn't something
that can ONLY be done on Wikia, right? Does Wikia have a lot of
"proprietary" extensions that regular MW users like ourselves can't take
advantage of?)

Thanks to anyone that can help!
-Azurite