[Mediawiki-l] Intro to template syntax?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:55:36 UTC 2007

On 30/08/2007, Virgil Ierubino <virgil.ierubino at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be honest, it looks like a sea of braces even to the evil coders. You
> write these things and then they becomes pretty much unrevisable; it's not
> really a syntax made for complexity.

Enormous amounts of whitespace is your only hope of avoiding
write-once code with MediaWiki syntax. Someone did send an email to
either this list or the wikitech one with an alternative syntax that
looked pretty good. I'm not sure if they ever wrote a implementation
as an extension, or if it's still just an external compiler.