[Mediawiki-l] Rendering Articles list in category

Schneelocke schneelocke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 18:49:12 UTC 2007

2007/8/31, admin at vichaunter.com <admin at vichaunter.com>:
> Somebody can explain shortly how mediawiki render the $articles variables and subcategories inside category pages?
> I cant found where is rendering the textlinks.

I don't really know my way around the mediawiki codebase, but a quick
check seems to suggest it's in includes/CategoryPage.php:

http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/includes/CategoryPage.php?view=markup

In particular, check out the getHTML, getSubcategorySection /
getPagesSection, formatList and columnList / shortList functions.

Rendering of the actual links (inside the lists) seems to be done by
addSubcategory and addPage, which uses makeKnownLinkObj (inherited by
the Skin class from Linker).

http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/includes/Linker.php?view=markup

--
schnee