[Mediawiki-l] $dbr->selectDB

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Sat Aug 25 18:30:41 UTC 2007

Actually, most things around mediawiki take a 2 letter start on what
they're from then what they are.

Notice the $wg, and wf.
w stands for Wiki, g for global, and f for funtion.
So $wg = Wiki Global, wf = Wiki Function.
Similarly some extension authors have e stand for extension and...
Here $eg = Extension Global, and ef = Extension Function
If we give Database tables the letter t then using a prefix of et for
Extension Table then the extension name appears to follow the unwritten
standard that most people seam to use around MediaWiki.

wg = Wiki Global
wf = Wiki Function
eg/Id/ = Extension Global for Extension /ID/
ef/Id/ = Extension Function for Extension /ID/
et/Id/ = Extension Table for Extension /ID
/Of course we don't add any wt prefix to MediaWiki Database tables
because we have $wgDBprefix.

Make enough sense? Your tables in this format would be:
wtTableEdit_box
wtTableEdit_row
wtTableEdit_row_metadata
wtVote

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of The Gaiapedia, Wikia Graphical Entertainment Project, and Wiki-Tools.com